The University of Miami School of Business Administration is dedicated to developing state-of-the-art research, cross educational academic programs and global partnerships in the area of health care management and economics.
This comprehensive business school offers undergraduate business, full-time MBA, Executive MBA, MS, PhD, and non-degree executive education programs. One of 12 colleges and schools at the University of Miami, the school is acclaimed for the global orientation and diversity of its faculty, students, and curriculum.
For more than 35 years, the school has offered an Executive MBA in Health Sector Management and Policy program. The UM program is one of a few such select programs in the nation to have the distinction of dual accreditation by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and CAHME-Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education.
The school also offers a joint MD/MBA program in partnership with the Miller School of Medicine, as well as a major and minor in health sector management and policy at the undergraduate level.
The Center for Health Sector Management and Policy was established in 2010 to meet a growing need for high-quality research and to provide business insight and leadership in policy analysis critical to the business of health care in the United States, Latin America, the Caribbean and beyond.
A co-operative venture among schools and colleges across the University, other research institutions, and the community, this center of excellence:
• Serves as a resource to businesses and policy making bodies
• Conducts and disseminates leading edge research
• Offers consulting services to the health care and wider business community
• Provides training and education for those in the health sector
• Leads businesses, governments and organizations in finding solutions to today’s complex health care challenges
• Evaluates policies on the provisions, management and economics of health care
• Provides educational conferences and workshop for the community at large.
Steven G. Ullmann, PHD, is currently leading efforts for the Center, the only one of its kind in the Southeastern United States. The Center employs an interdisciplinary approach, collaborating with entities across the University to deliver world-class programs and services focused on health care management and policy.